Deadline to register to vote in the April 4, 2017 election is March 20, 2017.
You May Register to Vote in California If:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are a resident of California
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent
When to Re-Register to Vote
- You move to a new permanent residence
- You change your name
- You change your political party choice